The owners of The Schneider Lumber Co. in Canton come from a long line of wood workers. The Schneiders’ German ancestors were artisans, builders and carpenters for many generations.
That long and rich tradition has helped Schneider Lumber, founded in 1908, to become one of the region’s largest building suppliers. Today, the company is run by Don Schneider, chairman and CEO, and his son, Marc, who is president.
The company supplies a wide range of building materials, including millwork, moldings, hardware, doors, windows and kitchen cabinetry and counter tops. Schneider Lumber sells to both commercial builders and the general public.
In 1993, the company moved its headquarters from its home for the last 60 years on Fifth Street in Canton to a new integrated facility on Schroyer Avenue in Canton. The new office includes 12,000 square feet of retail space, 30,000 square feet of dimensional lumber and structural panel areas and a manufacturing area for trim and cabinetry of 24,000 square feet. The company also maintains a new warehouse, built near its original location on Fifth Street.
The owners say the company’s success is due to its longstanding values: a dedication to customer satisfaction carried out in its products, service and pricing.
How to reach: The Schneider Lumber Co., (330) 455-5273